Wednesday, April 8, 2009

2 month well baby visit


Copied and pasted from March 30th 2009.....

I took her today for her 2 month checkup (how can she be that old already??) and met the new pediatrician. Well I REALLY like this woman! Shes about my age, and so sweet and talkative, it was like visiting with a friend, only she was checking out the baby a little more closely LOL. She weighs 11 pounds and 5 ounces and is 22 inches long now. Her muscle tone was great and she said shes growing great and looks really good Smile Her length was at the 35th percentile, weight at the 50th percentile, and her head was at the 95th percentile. She isnt worried at this point though about her head, she will be rechecked at 4 months.

We have been battling a stubborn case of thrush, and its now on me also because Im breastfeeding her. She was very glad I was treating the thrush with gentian violet and that I am taking probiotics for the thrush. She gave me a prescription for a dose of diflucan for me to take to help get rid of it a little more quickly, and hopefully for good!

She also commented on Lyriels perfect round head and I told her she doesnt lie around much, and I wear her in the moby wrap and she smiled really big. Shes also a babywearer! I am so happy to have found such a nice and understanding doctor! What a wonderful answer to prayers!!

I also have a little sad news, but I kind of knew before I went in. I had not told any of my family because Id hoped it was all in my head and that I was just being a worry wart of a Mother. Lyriel does not respond to sound at all, and she still has not looked at faces or toys, and does not track or try to follow moving objects or people with her eyes. I was hoping she was just a lazy baby. She worked a lot with her and tried to get her to respond to sounds, but didnt get any. She did get Lyriel to respond to bright light but not to any objects. The doctor agrees there is reason for concern and is sending her to a pediatric ophthalmologist and ear doctor. They are going to call me with appointments as soon as they get insurance approval and all. Ill let you know when we will be going.

She told me try and not worry, and she was glad I had noticed and told her about my concerns because catching this early will enable her to get the help she needs earlier. Im very hopeful actually and not panicking at all. Im trusting God on this one completely!

No comments:

Post a Comment